2020 ELECTION PRIORITIES—MY “THREE P’S”—
Promote, Protect, and Provide
"Working to Restore, Improve and Protect Our Image"
We accomplish this in three—interconnected—ways:
#1. Promote economic development and financial stability
· Work to bring quality jobs to the Victor Valley
· Protect taxpayers by making sure our City’s budget is stable and eliminating wasteful spending
· Strengthen local businesses by reviewing local fees and taxes to ensure fairness
This priority will positively impact the community because the city will remain solvent, create jobs, ensure a business friendly climate, and unite the community to improve our image. New and existing businesses will generate sales taxes to support Public Safety and General Fund programs.
#2. Protect Public Safety
· Actively and aggressively promote crime prevention through supporting our Sheriff’s and First Responders
· Ensure that adequate staffing exists to handle calls for service and investigations
· Aggressively support grant funding to augment public safety services, and oppose legislation that contributes to increases in crime.
This priority will positively impact the community because our public safety and security will not decline or diminish, and a reduced crime rate will improve our image.
#3. Provide Dignity and Accountability to Council and Residents
· Observe and follow the tenants in the Victorville Council Policy and Procedures Manual
· Observe and follow Rosenberg’s Rules of Order for parliamentary procedures
· Seek and attend ongoing training to enhance my effectiveness as a Council member
· Always demonstrate dignity and respect towards my colleagues, staff and community members
This priority will promoter better communication, cooperation, collaboration and coordination among City Council, staff and residents.